Cockroaches are the worst pests as they infect the food items, destroy your food, spread unhygienic bacteria, and increase the risk of diseases. Cockroaches are sometimes known as roaches, which spread bacteria and viruses. They can pose a severe threat to your health if you do not take proper precautions.
In this article, we will discuss the five signs of cockroach infestations and how we can identify these pests. In San Antonio, if you find that there are cockroaches in your house, the best way to remove them is to consult San Antonio pest control companies for better suggestions and professional help.
What are the Top Five Signs to Identify Cockroach Infestations?
- Live Cockroaches: This is the important sign that you can see in your residence. This is the most common sign, and you can find various such cockroaches if there is a widespread presence of them in your residence. There are various types of cockroaches, which is not important for you to know; however, if there is the presence of these pests, you must consult a professional pest control service.
- Cockroach Egg Cases: Cockroach eggs are not easily noticed, and it is also difficult to identify them. Some signs indicate the presence of cockroach egg cases. There is no proper egg; there will be egg cases that are left mainly in the areas to safeguard it from predators. You can find them in compost piles, garbage dumps, and other areas. The color of these eggs is generally similar to cockroach color.
- Cockroach Droppings: Cockroach droppings are a significant indicator of understanding the presence of cockroaches. It produces lots of feces, and therefore, you can find it on surfaces. You can easily understand the feces as it is also brown, a cockroach’s color.
- Shed Skin and Body Parts: You can find shredded wings and other body parts of cockroaches on the ground. This is a clear indication that there is the presence of cockroaches in the house. There is a life cycle for cockroaches, and they shed their wings to grow themselves, but this can act as an important indication for you.
- Stench or Disgusting Odour: Cockroaches leave a disgusting and unpleasant odor. It is because cockroaches flourish in standing waters, debris, and other forms of squalor, and therefore, the disgusting smell is attached to them. They stink whenever there is a large number of cockroaches in one particular region.