Gone are the days when kitchens were only meant for meal preparation. Modern kitchen forms the soul of a household where the entire family can be together. This is the reason that open concepts, natural lighting, and simple styles are favored more.
Since the arrival of the pandemic in 2020, the importance of our kitchen space has increased many folds like never before. Pre-packaged meals and takeaway are not a norm anymore and families have learned to cook together and cherish the time we spend during the meal preparations.
We are spending a lot of our time home and thinking about upgrading the kitchen design to better suit our present-day needs is on the mind of many homemakers.
To give your kitchen a completely new and on-trend look, hire a kitchen contractor from any of these 2 companies: 5 Day Kitchens or Heilman Renovations. Both these companies are local to the North Vancouver region and supply premium quality designs and experienced services in kitchen renovation, designing of cabinets, countertops, and other home renovations as well.
Trending designs for modern kitchens
1. Dark colors and green undertones:
- The classic white cabinets are now partially replaced with tones of green and blue.
- Emerald green is the new favorite of those who prefer to give a luxurious appeal to their space.
- Some choose to keep the cabinets white while adding pop-up colors to the islands.
2. The use of ceramic tiles is gaining preference over the hardwood flooring:
- Ceramic is easier to maintain and comes in a variety of styles and designs.
- It can even resemble the hardwood look.
- You can also get customized cut tiles to create a unique pattern of your own.
3. Effective use of storage space:
- Since the entire family is at home nowadays, the need for an additional and effective storage solution has increased.
- Use of dividers and baskets for drawers and kitchen cabinets is quite an effective and popular way to use the storage space wisely.
- Roll-outs for kitchen towels and pull-out trays are widely used for storing spices. These little changes to the storage solution also make our work effortless.
4. Use of natural lighting:
- We have realized the importance of spending time outdoors and connecting with nature during the lockdown in 2020.
- This is the reason many of us are trying to connect our kitchen to the outdoors by either installing a glass door or wide windows.
- People are also beautifying the space by adding a small herb garden.
5. Use of modern appliances:
- Kitchen renovation in the upcoming time is going to focus on making a smart kitchen using modern appliances and gadgets.
- From motion-sensing faucets to grocery alert alarms, from professional cooking appliances to control lights; this little heart space of our home is getting smarter and more technological.
Hope that these upcoming trends ignite the idea of integrating technology and nature at the same time in your beautiful kitchens as well. Installing a walk-in pantry or completely shifting the kitchens to the outdoor space, choose a smart solution that is perfectly apt for your family and gives you a lot of bonding time together.